Thursday, September 30, 2010

DANCE!

WHAT?: Today we did dance! It was really fun! I thought it was going to be more actual dancing so I wasn't looking forward to it. But I loved the activity we did with Where the Wild Things Are! It was so fun to act like a "wild thing" and ROAR! I liked the Water Dance book too.

SO WHAT?: I will definitely use some of those activities to help my students get into the books we read. I think they'd have a lot of fun acting out certain parts in books. I also think the brain work out thing we did at the beginning was really cool and I can see how that could help students perform better academically.

NOW WHAT?: I want to find out more dancing activities that I can do really quick and easy in my classes so the students can get the wiggles out of their system and do something fun for a couple of minutes. I think it would help them be able to sit and actually do their regular work. Hopefully I'll be able to integrate a lot of the dance and drama process activities to my daily lesson plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment