Sunday, September 12, 2010

Art and Illustrators

What?: I loved looking at the different prints of paintings and photographs individually in class. I love looking at art and the feelings that some of these pictures make me feel. I thought it was interesting looking at the pieces of art with the elements of visual art in mind.

So What?: I think looking at the art and talking about it in terms of the elements with my students would help them undrestand the elements and see how they work. I really liked learning about the different illustrators and the ways they draw, paint, scratch, or color their images. It was really interesting to see how fun and different some of the books are.

Now What?: I'd like my students to be able to see different types of professional art around the classroom. I'm also going to be using books and illustrations from some of the illustrators that were presented in my classroom. I like the idea of just a quick explanation and then having students move around to different activities having to do with that explanation or example of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment