Sunday, September 26, 2010

Process Drama...

What?: I thought it was really interesting using the different process drama activities with a children's book. I really liked the book that Dr. E read to us in class. It was really fun to use the different drama games while relating it to the book. It made the book a lot more engaging and meaningful, I think. The team presentations were great! I loved that we had a bunch of variety in the topics of books. I liked how one group incorporated music and I liked how another group really tried to get us into the characters perspective.

So What?: I liked a lot of the different process drama games for books. I like the idea of having students visualize what is going on in the book and how they would feel, its simple and lets them think for themselves. I also like greeting activity where we walked around and then had to greet each other in creative ways. I think kids could have a lot of fun with that.

Now What?: I will definitely use some of these drama games in my classroom. I think it brings the characters to life. It can be especially useful for more boring subjects, dealing with history and things that happened a long time ago. These games can help the students realize how things happened and put them in the shoes of characters and help them really understand different times. I think also just being animated while reading stories to your students helps them get into the book. I like the thought of using picture books for older classes too, not just young students.

No comments:

Post a Comment