Thursday, September 2, 2010

Visual Arts

What? I knew a few things about the elements of visual art. I learned about shape, line, space, color, texture, and value in high school. Of course I didn't do a fun activity for each of them like I did in EDEL 4540. I liked the different ways to learn about each of them. It was simple and having us do it ourselves will help me remember specific details about the elements.

So What? Well, now I know certain activities I can do with my students to learn simple or complex elements. I also really like the idea of the students moving around the room to different stations. Its fun and they get to move around while they're learning. I'm also looking forward to using these elements in different activities.

Now What? I really didn't ever like art when I was a kid, but I think I would have liked something similar to this. The moving around to different stations and different activities would be fun because I wouldn't have to sit and work on the same thing for very long. I would have a hard time with some of the activities with cutting out shapes and things, but it was a fun and new way to learn about art.

No comments:

Post a Comment