Sunday, October 10, 2010

Creative Dance

WHAT?: I really liked seeing everyone else's presentations and their own interpretations of creative dance from text. It was fun to act out and move in different ways in accordance to the books that the groups chose.

SO WHAT?: I will definitely use the creative dance and movement for books we use. I think it would be fun and creative to use with older classes and novels along with picture books. I loved seeing the different books too. I want to use some of them in my classes. I liked that a lot of groups picked books that used the science standards.

NOW WHAT?: I want to become more familiar with children's books that I can use with movement. I want to use dance especially when we're learning about other cultures. I think it could really bring the ancient cultures to life for the students. I also want to make it a regular thing in my classroom. I want them to expect to be able to move around and get their "wiggles" out!

No comments:

Post a Comment