Friday, December 10, 2010

Where am I heading with the ARTS...?

Before this class I wasn't that big into the arts. I've always known that it's important for kids to have creative art experiences, but I didn't know quite the impact it had because I never liked art or 'the arts'. I've always been more into the athletics then the artsy stuff, but this class and my field experience has helped me realize that arts in class are great for students and expecially for their learning.


I hope that the school that I teach at has a good art program. I hope that I can integrate art in more ways than just the visual arts, too. I got to do a lot of visual arts with the class I worked with and it was really fun, but I would like to see them using drama more. They had a music class which was great, but a lot of them didn't like it at all... I hope that I can get my students excited about art and hopefully I can get them out of their shells and doing some "out of the box" things.

I learned a lot of useful ways to use the arts this semester and I'm excited to use them especially in relation to the texts that we read in class. I love making those connections to language arts and making more creative than just a writing assignment. I am very excited to use arts in my class and I hope I can make it more fun for my students than my teachers did for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment