Friday, December 3, 2010

Back to school...

What?: We went back to class this week... It was rough being back in class and not out teaching! In class we talked about our experiences.

Now what?: It was nice to hear about everyone's experience and what they got to teach in terms of the arts. I thought it was interesting to hear how some teaching did tons and tons with the arts and others didn't do hardly anything with art in their class. I think its funny that teachers can be so different and I love it. Even though we have core curriculum and set guidelines for teaching our students we have a lot of room for creativity.

So what?: I hope that I am one of the teachers that uses art in class. Not just art to do art, but art that will actually give more to the students and help them learn more and be able to take more from what they're learning. I think that is why integrating into the core is so important, as well as having time for art separately, but just including it in everyday is just as important and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment