Monday, November 15, 2010

Week 2 in the field

WHAT?: Last week I taught art! It was so much fun! I taught about color and then had the students paint a self portrait!

SO WHAT?: I noticed that a lot of students like the project (mostly girls), but some students HATED it! I think they have a stigma about art and think they just can't do it. I was never good at art and I made sure that the students knew that it was THEIR self portrait and they could make it how they wanted as long as it included the elements of color that we talked about: hue, value, and intensity.

NOW WHAT?: This week the classes are making a sarcophagus using butcher paper. They have to draw their designs and then they can use chalk to color it. They can also add glitter when they are done with the chalk. Most students really liked this too. Plus, they have 2 weeks to work on it where they only had 1 to work on their self portrait so the stress level went down a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment