Sunday, November 7, 2010

Week 1 in the field

WHAT?: FINALLY! I'm in a classroom! I am doing my field experience at Crescent Elementary in Miss Draper's 6th grade class and I LOVE IT!! It's so nice actually being in a classroom. Really made all this hard work in school feel worth it. I love the students I'm working with even though I've only been in class for 2 days.

SO WHAT?: Well, in art this last week they did a little project that has to do with the science they've been learning... They made microorganisms using coffee filters, water colors, and lots of water! The students used water colors and lots of water to drip the color onto their coffee filter to create a sort of tie-die looking project. Then using the different shapes on their coffee filter they made the different parts of the microorganism they learned about. It was a really creative way to tie the two subjects together and the kids loved it. However, it got a little messy at times, but they had fun and they used the knowledge they had recently gained to make a neat project.

NOW WHAT:? Well, this week in art... I'M TEACHING! I'm nervous! But excited! Miss Draper said I could teach on whatever I'd like so I decided to use that freedom and be creative. I'm going to talk to the students about 3 principles of color: hue, value, and intensity. Eventually the students will create their own self portrait painting using these three principles. I'm excited and I'll blog about the results next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment